Thinking of renting? This is what you’ll need...
You should begin assembling this suff before any physical search for a property begins.
1. 'employment confirmation' from your employer - employee in good standing, how long you’ve been employed there (for whomever is signing the lease).
2. full 'credit report(s)’ (for whomever is signing the lease) (equifax is better than transunion).
3. copies of 'last 3 pay stubs’ (for whomever is signing the lease).
4. a personal family bio (a quick paragraph about who you are, not mandatory but helpful).
5. reference letters from employer(s), past landlord’s, etc.
6. 'bank draft' for first and last month’s rent (after offer has been accepted).
7. most recent 'notice of assessment(s)' from the CRA.
8. our offer will include the 'agreement to lease’ document - i will provide.
9. ‘rental application’ - i will provide.
you can send this to her to fill in the blanks before the physical search begins.
10. ‘buyer representation agreement’ - i will provide - this is a contract between you and my brokerage.
11. ‘confirmation of co-operation and representation’ doc - i will provide - outlines what the commissions are and to whom they go.
12. 'offer summary document’ - i will provide - provides proof of an offer.
it is best that you start compiling what you are responsible for now so, when we do find a suitable property, we are ready at a moment’s notice to submit an offer.