Steven Maislin's blog
As you are no doubt aware, legal marijuana is coming to Canada. The exact date that legislation will come into effect is still unknown, but is expected to be sometime later this summer, 2018. These significant changes raise the question of how the new legislation will affect condominiums and how the use of marijuana will be controlled.
What you need to know about the Rental Fairness Act and its implications.
The Toronto Real Estate Board reported 8,082 home sales through TREB’s MLS® System in June 2018 – up 2.4% over the June 2017 result.
- Why are you looking to buy a home?
- Do you want a new home?
- Are you working with another agent at the moment?
- Where is your ideal place to live?
- Would you like to be a customer or a client? To become a client, you need to sign a buyer’s representative contract.
- Do you know what your price range is?
- Will you be able to pay with cash or will you need financing?
- Do you need a lender recommendation?
- What is your top 5 feature requirements in your new home?
Co-owning a cottage with family members usually happens through an inheritance, but for Stephen Warden and his parents, it was an intentional purchase.
Mr. Warden has always wanted a cottage of his own since visiting his grandparents’ cottage as a kid. “I remember it like it was yesterday. I love the water. I could be on the water every day,” says Mr. Warden, whose wife is also a cottage enthusiast, along with their two kids, ages 5 and 8.
When a status certificate for a condominium buyer says that the unit contains Kitec plumbing, it will raise a red flag, especially when this was not disclosed to the buyer in advance. Here are five things to know about Kitec plumbing and how to prepare when buying or selling a condominium.
Is Kitec a problem?
Canadian resale housing activity is seen dropping by 11 percent this year amid the fallout from tighter mortgage rules, high prices and supply issues, a national real estate group says. (Jonathan Hayward/Canadian Press)
Home sales in Canada are projected to slide by 11 percent this year, according to a new forecast by a national real estate group.
- A frequent talking point among southwestern Ontario new condominium and apartment developers this year is the sharp increase in construction costs.
Ben Myers operates the boutique residential real estate advisory firm Bullpen Research & Consulting Inc.
Buying a house is a huge decision that can send you on a roller coaster of emotions. However, proper preparation and working with a knowledgeable REALTOR® can go a long way towards reducing the stress that comes with this big purchase.